Donnerstag, 2. Juli 2015

Thank you Orienteering ACT



Nine months sounds like a very long time. But to me it felt like just some weeks. The time was definitely running. After three very busy last weeks - I had to finish my paper stuff, write some reports, go out for a day trip to Tidbinbilla NR with some exchange people and coache quite a lot at school (sometimes 75 kids in one group) – I ran today my last interval training with some awesome juniors. We weren’t sure if the sky was crying because my time here seems to be finish or it was just one of the very fresh Canberra winter days with a bit of rain. Anyway. All good things must come to an end and I have to leave unfortunately Canberra tomorrow. I really enjoyed my time with coach orienteering here in the national capital. It was awesome and I’ll really miss it.

I like to say a huge THANK YOU to all my host families they let my stay in their house and have spent time with me even I was very busy sometimes: Mill, Cuthbert/Sutherland, Sunley, Edwards, Miller, Trewin, Barnett and Ingwersen. I really appreciated it and I’ll definitely miss all of you!    

I also like to say a very big thank you to David and Toni for all the work you two have done for me. It is not an easy to keep a coach busy all the time. But you were able to do it. I really enjoyed to work together with you! I really like the idea of the coaching scholarship and I wish you all the best with the next two coaches.

A thank you also to Julie, John and Tate for the work you guys have done for me in the office even I was sometimes a bit late ;)   

I also like to say thanks to Bob to send all the maps very quickly. That was very helpful. 

To Lizzie and Lachy for all those unforgettable long runs we have done together. It was such great fun to train with both of you. We saw that many very nice places which I probably would miss out without you guys. All the best for your orienteering career in Europe! 

All the participants they attended in my training. Without you, my job would be just useless or probably not exist.

I also like to say thank you to the juniors. I learned a lot from you as well and I wish all of you all the best for your future.

I also like to thanks all the people they worked together with me, let me stay in their house somewhere in the country or let me train with them (a.e. Sydney, Wodonga, Bedingo, OA…). I really appreciated it.

I also like to thanks all the people they worked together with me, let me stay in their house somewhere in the country or let me train with them (a.e. Sydney, Wodonga, Bedingo, OA…). I really appreciated it.
  
I want to thank everyone who helped me in some way and a very big THANK YOU to Orienteering ACT to believe in me. It was an amazing time here in Australia. I will always remember it. All of you can be proud about this great orienteering community you have got here.

...and all those that I have forgotten to mention here
 
CANBERRA YOU WERE AWESOME, I’ll MISS YOU!

Now I have another month holidays left in the big country. I’m going to meet up with a mate from Switzerland. We will head up from Sydney to Cairns before I have to go back. Back to work and back to part time coaching together with another coaching education for my Federal Certificate in coaching. I’m really looking forward to it and I reckon the time here helped me a lot to improve my coaching and my English as well. I know it was at the beginning petty “shit” ;-)

Thank you OACT for the nice gift
Farewell event last saturday with a BBQ
Just finished with the last coaching session
Heading out for my last run
Link to the map:
http://doma.orienteering.asn.au/show_map.php?user=luki.frei&map=1807
Koala in Tidbinbilla NR
my first "wild"platypus in Tidbinbilla NR
Waterfall in Tidbinbilla NR
Boulder in Tidbinbilla NR

Just around the corner. Something I also learned here in Australia: Driving for hours.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen